This is a great recipe to pull out whenever you have left over tacos ingredients! Why let all that yummy taco meat and toppings go to waste? And, a poblano has less carbs than a taco shell to boot!
1 Poblano pepper, halved and deseeded
2 Slices of provolone cheese
1 Cup of pre cooked taco meat (of your choice)
2 oz Soften cream cheese
2 Tablespoons of diced red onion
1 Thinly sliced green onion (for color and garnish)
⅓ Cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ Cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and coat with a non-stick spray.
- Mix the precooked (and cooled) taco meat, diced onion, sour cream, and cream cheese together in a medium-sized bowl. Fold in shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place poblanos on the baking sheet and divide the meat mixture between the two halves.
- Top each half with one slice of provolone cheese.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Move baking sheet to top rack, and broil on Hi for 1-2 minutes (or until cheese starts to brown)
- Garnish with green onions.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
** If you aren’t a fan of spice and a little heat, feel free to use a regular bell pepper instead!
Leave a comment (all fields required)